1. 总有一句英文电影台词让你念念不忘
看电影时,很多时候,不仅仅是剧情引人入胜或是演员吸引眼球,更多时候,我会被里面的台词牢牢地套住。好的电影里面的台词可以说几乎句句都深入人心,仿佛作者淋漓尽致地描述出我们内心的真实想法,让人念念不忘。我看的最多的是英文电影,其中,有些英语台词值得我们反复斟酌,低吟浅唱。
This one moment when you know you're not a sad story
这一瞬间,你知道自己不是悲剧的主角
You're alive
你充满生命力
And you stand up and see the lights on buildings
你站起来,欣赏着浮光掠影中的建筑
And everything that makes you wonder
看看眼前让你惊叹的一切
And you are listening to that song on that drive
听着音乐,兜着风
With the people you love most in this world
和最爱的人在一起
And in this moment, I swear
我敢说,在这一刻
We are infinite.
我们拥有无限。
来自电影〈壁花少年The Perks of Being A wallflower〉
以上的台词来自电影中Charlie, Sam 以及Patric三个人第一次开车兜风经过隧道时,Charlie的旁白。站起来,迎着风,被包围在真实世界的浮光掠影之中。张开双手,无可救药地渴望着自由和无限。仿佛刹那间,青春绽放出一朵美丽耀眼的壁花。
But every once in a while you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will compare.
世人万千种,浮云莫去求,斯人如彩虹,遇上方知有。
来自电影〈怦然心动flipped〉,或许我们更多人更喜欢中文翻译。
I've been waiting for a lover like you my whole life, you haven't show up until now, and I'm scared shitless that I'm gonna do something to fuck it up.
穷极一生,我都在等待我的爱人出现,终于现在你出现了,我害怕的要命,就怕我搞砸了这一切。
来自电影〈平常的心 The Normal Heart〉,这是一部讲述美国80年代的纽约同性恋人群以及艾滋病人的生活以及感悟。两位男主角都是帅的如梦如幻,无数个日夜都为着彼此疯狂,生怕搞砸。他们的爱情恰好验证了以上的那句英文台词,真真是想要拥有你,却怕拥有你。
Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys, make your life extraordinary.
及时行乐,珍惜时间,孩子们,让你们的生命与众不同。
来自电影〈死亡诗社Dead Poets Society〉,Robin Williams饰演的文学教师是那个封闭时代的叛逆者,也是学生记忆中的灵魂拯救者。哪怕最后他无法被世俗接纳,哪怕被学校开除,他也成功地让自由之花在学生心中生根发芽。
And one day, the sun will come out you might not even notice. And you'll catch yourself thinking about something or someone who has no connection with the past. Someone who's only yours. And you'll realize that this is where your life is.
总有一天,太阳会升起。你或许都从未注意到,就这么悄无声息的,你会思考其他事情,会挂念一个和你过去毫无交集的人,一个只属于你的人。这就是你的安生之地。
来自电影〈布鲁克林Brooklyn〉,女主角Eilis从爱尔兰飘洋过海来到了美国纽约,开始了在布鲁克林的生活。我只能说,努力生活的Eilis,认真地爱着一座城,爱着一个人,也有那么一个真诚笑容灿烂的意大利青年爱着她。
You may not get hurt or make an ass of yourself that way, but you don't fall in love that way either.
这样你或许不会伤害到你自己或是让自己出丑,但同时你也不会尝到爱上一个人的滋味。
来自电影〈他没那么喜欢你He's just Not That Into You〉,简简单单的一句话道出无数个爱情故事兜兜转转的结局。
You want a player who doesn't have the guts to fight back?--I want a player who's got the guts not to fight back.
你要一个没胆还击的球员?--我要一个有胆不还击的球员。
来自电影〈42号传奇The True Story of American Legend 42〉,这部电影是根据美国职业棒球大联盟史上第一位黑人球员Jackie Robinson的真实事迹改编。当年的他,在球场上承受着巨大的压力和难以忍受的种族歧视,最后用自己的努力和能力,证明了自己,美国棒球的黑白球员隔离历史也由此结束。
Do you wanna stay with your brother?-Yeah.
你想和你弟弟住在一起吗?-是的。
来自电影〈雨人Rain Man〉,很多人会疑惑这部是什么电影,怎么会有雨人呢?其实,它跟雨啊跟雨人一点关系都没有。英语中的rain man和Raymond音似,所以男主角Charlie小时候会读错,在Charlie小时候害怕时,“雨人”都会唱歌给他听,安慰他。一直以来,Charlie以为“雨人”只是自己儿时幻想中的朋友,最后他发现原来“雨人”是自己的亲哥哥。
再来介绍一下这部电影,男主角Charlie发现父亲将遗产留给了患有自闭症的哥哥Raymond,便计划骗取这笔财富,但在拐走哥哥的过程中,重拾了真挚动人的手足之情。
当初看着这部电影时,一开始是被年轻帅气的Tom Cruise吸引住了,后面却被两位男主角的亲情感动了,哭的厉害。
It's not our abilities that show what we truly are, it is our choices.
决定我们成为什么样人的,不是我们的能力,而是我们的选择。
来自电影〈哈利波特Harry Potter〉,这部电影太经典了,不需要什么介绍了。对很多人来说,这就是10年的青春,10年的陪伴,正如Lily Potter所说,我们一直在你身边从未走远,直到永远。
一部好的电影,就如同一次令人难忘的旅程。里面无论是经典台词,还是无声的画面都是仿佛能够让我们身临其境体验到那些或喜或悲或哀或愁的感觉,希望国产电影能走点心了。
2. 谁知道十句英文电影的经典台词学校作业,有题目,谁说的,带翻译。急!!!!!!!!!
20部经典英文电影对白
1.《乱世佳人》
Tomorrow is another day.
2.《泰坦尼克号》
Jack: "You must do me this honor... promise me you will survive... that you will never give up... no matter what happens... no matter how hopeless... promise me now, and never let go of that promise.
3.《007系列》
"Bond. James Bond."
4.《阿甘正传》
Momma always said: "Life is like a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you're gonna get."
Mother: It's my time. It's just my time. Oh, now, don't you be afraid sweetheart. Death is just a part of life, something we're all destined to do. I didn't know it. But I was destined to be your momma. I did the best I could.
Jenny: Are you stupid or something?
Forrest: Momma says that stupid is as stupid does.
5.《终结者》
"I'll be back!"
6.《英国病人》
We die, we die rich with lovers and tribes, tastes we have swallowed, bodies we have entered and swum up like rivers, fears we have hidden in like this wretched cave. I want all this marked on my body. We are the real countries, not the boundaries drawn on maps with names of powerful men. I know you will come and carry me out into the palace of winds, that's all I've wanted- to walk in such a place with you, with friends, on the earth without maps.
7.《空军一号》
“My family first”
8.《罗马假日》
I have to leave you now. I'm going to that corner there,and turn. You stay in car and drive away. Promise not to watch me go beyond the corner. Just drive away and leave me as I leave you.
Well, life isn't always what one likes, isn't it?
9.《绿野仙踪》
"There's no place like home."
10.《卡萨布兰卡》
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world,she walks into mine.
11.《我不是天使》
It’s not the men in your life that counts,it’s the life in your men.
12.《地狱的天使》
Would you be shocked if I changed into something more comfortable?
13.《鸭子汤》
I could dance with you’till the cows come home.On second thoughts,I’d rather dance with the cows’ till you came home.
14.《安娜·克里斯蒂》
Gimme a visky with ale on the side——and don’t be stinchy,baby.
15.《美梦成真》
The end ,is only the beginning.
16.《 Phenomenon》
“ Will you love me for the rest of my life?”
“ No, I'll love you for the rest of mine.”
17.《日出之前》
If there's any kind of magic in this world, it must be in the attempt of understanding someone or sharing something。
18.《四个婚礼一个葬礼》
--I thought you were gone.
--Without you,never
19.《教父》
Never let anyone know what you are thinking.
20.《美国派3》
Jim: Michelle, you're the one woman I want to be with and the woman I can't be without. I love you !
Michelle: Jim, I have trouble finding the words to tell you how I feel and I realize something. Love isn't just a feeling, Love is something you do. It's a dress, a visit to bandcamp, a speacial haircut. Jim you've give me everything I've ever wanted and It's my solemn vow to give everything I am to you.
具体分析:
背景介绍《警界双雄》(Starsky&Hutch)是美国最新的警匪喜剧片,改编自20世纪70年代著名系列剧。故事发生在一个虚构的海滨城市“湾城”,主角是一对名叫斯塔奇(本·斯蒂勒饰)和哈金森(欧文·威尔逊饰)的警探搭档,他们性格迥异却同样嫉恶如仇。面对势力庞大的贩毒集团,两人闹了不少笑话,不过最终取得了胜利。
下面这段对话发生在影片开头,一具浮尸被冲到岸边,由此揭开了整个案子的序幕。
语言点:1、“nexttoimpossible”直译为“与不可能只差一点”,直白说就是“几乎是不可能的”。“nextto”相当于“impossible”,英语中类似用“nextto”组成的词组很多。如.(路上没什么车,我很快就回家了。)再如,.(我在古玩市场上很便宜地买了这个花瓶。)但要注意如果是“nexttonone”,就不是“几乎等于零”,而是说“不比任何人差,是最好的”。2、“ginger”的原意是姜。但“ginger”在英语中还有“有活力的、灵活的”之意。此外“ginger”还可做动词用。“gingerup”意为“使某物充满活力”。例如:Thepopmusicgingereptheparty.(流行音乐使得聚会充满活力。)
顺便讲点题外话。粤语中有“够姜”一词,通常用来形容某人“狠辣,不易对付”等。英国导演盖·里奇的黑帮片《Lock,StockandTwoSmokingBar-rels》,在香港即有“够姜四小强”的译法。这与英文中的“ginger”异曲同工,都是取姜本身的特性以做譬喻。3、“meatwagon”原意为“送肉食品的马车”。但在美国俚语中有“救护车”的意思。现在已经没法考证是哪个毫无同情心的家伙最早使用的这个词。《警界双雄》中的斯塔奇是个按规则办事、有时甚至显得比较固执的警探。编剧在这里让他使用“meatwagon”一词,为这个角色平添了几分生动。
Starsky:Nothing harder to solve than a floater. No prints, body usually bloated. It's next to impossible.
Hutchinson:All right, I say we push it out. Hope the current takes it to the next precinct.
Starsky:Hey, stop it.
Hutchinson:You gotta be very ginger.
Starsky:Hey!
Hutchinson:You point a gun at me? Okay. Fine, have it your way. Knock yourself out.
Starsky:All right, I'm just gonna call in the meat wagon.
1. Life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get. (生命就像一盒巧克力,结果往往出人意料)
2. Stupid is as stupid does. (蠢人做蠢事,也可理解为傻人有傻福)
3. Miracles happen every day. (奇迹每天都在发生)
4. Jenny and I was like peas and carrots.(我和珍妮形影不离)
5. Have you given any thought to your future?(你有没有为将来打算过呢)
6. You just stay away from me please.(求你离开我)
7. If you are ever in trouble, don’t try to be brave, just run, just run away.(你若遇上麻烦,不要逞强,你就跑,远远跑开)
8. It made me look like a ck in water.(它让我如鱼得水)
9. Death is just a part of life, something we’re all destined to do.(死亡是生命的一部分,是我们注定要做的一件事)
10. I was messed up for a long time.(这些年我一塌糊涂)
11. I don’t know if we each have a destiny, or if we’re all just floating around accidental—like on a breeze.(我不懂我们是否有着各自的命运,还是只是到处随风飘荡)
以上出自《阿甘正传》
1.It takes a strong man to save himself, and a great man to save another. (坚强的人只能救赎自己,伟大的人才能拯救他人 。)
2.Remember, Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies!(记着,希望是件好东西,没准儿是件最好的东西,而且从没有一样好东西会消逝!)
3.Get busy living, Or get busy dying. (忙活,或者等死。)
这三条出自《肖申克的救赎》
3. 求几段英文电影中的经典台词及其翻译
1."You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am." On the Waterfront, 1954
“你不明白!我本可以进入上流社会。我本可以成为一个上进的人。我本可以当个有脸面的人物,而不是像现在这样当个小混混。"”——《码头风云》(1954年)
2."Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." The Wizard of Oz, 1939
“托托,我有一种感觉我们再也回不了家了。”——《绿野仙踪》(1939年)
3. "Here's looking at you, kid." Casablanca, 1942
“孩子,就看你的了。”——《卡萨布兰卡》(1942年)
4. "Go ahead, make my day." Sudden Impact, 1983
“来吧,让我也高兴高兴。”——《拨云见日》(1983年)
5. "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up." Sunset Blvd., 1950
“好了,德米勒先生,我为特写镜头做好准备了。”——《日落大道》(1950年)
6. "May the Force be with you." Star Wars, 1977
“愿原力与你同在。”——《星球大战》(1977年)
7. "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night." All About Eve, 1950
“紧上安全带,今晚将会非常颠簸。”——《彗星美人》(1950年)
8. "You are talking to me?" Taxi Driver, 1976
“你是在对我说话吗?”——《出租车司机》(1976年)
(1)英语(English)是印欧语系-日耳曼语族下的语言,由26个字母组合而成,英文字母渊源于拉丁字母,拉丁字母渊源于希腊字母,而希腊字母则是由腓尼基字母演变而来的。
(2)英语是国际指定的官方语言(作为母语),也是世界上最广泛的第一语言,英语包含约49万词,外加技术名词约30万个,是词汇最多的语言,也是欧盟以及许多国际组织以及英联邦国家的官方语言,拥有世界第三位的母语使用者人数,仅次于汉语和西班牙语母语使用者人数。
英文网络
4. 求一百句英语电影台词
1. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn,"
1。“坦白说,我亲爱的,我一点也不在乎。”
"Gone With the Wind," 1939.
“乱世佳人”,1939。
2. "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse,"
2。“我要给他一个他无法拒绝的条件。”
"The Godfather," 1972.
“教父”,1972。
3. "You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am,"
3。“你不明白!我应该是个有类。我应该是个一个有力的竞争者。我可以给我的人,而不是一个流浪汉,这就是我。”
"On the Waterfront," 1954.
“海滨”1954。
4. "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore,"
4。“托托,我有一种感觉我们再也回不去堪萨斯了。”
"The Wizard of Oz," 1939.
“绿野仙踪”,1939。
5. "Here's looking at you, kid,"
5。“就看你的了,孩子。”
"Casablanca," 1942.
“卡萨布兰卡”,1942。
6. "Go ahead, make my day,"
6。“去吧,让我的一天,”
"Sudden Impact," 1983.
“突然的冲击,“1983。
7. "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up,"
7。“好了,德米勒先生,我已经准备好拍摄我的特写镜头,“
"Sunset Blvd. ," 1950.
“日落大街。”,1950。
8. "May the Force be with you,"
8。“愿原力与你同在。”
"Star Wars," 1977.
“星球大战”,1977。
9. "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night,"
9。“系紧你的安全带。它将是一个颠簸的夜晚。”
"All About Eve," 1950.
“夏娃”,1950。
10. "You talking to me?"
10。“你在跟我说话吗?”
"Taxi Driver," 1976.
“出租车司机”,1976。
跟着老外轻松快乐说地道英语>>
跟着老外轻松快乐说地道英语> >
11. "What we've got here is failure to communicate,"
11。“现在我们得到的只是沟通上的失败。”
"Cool Hand Luke," 1967.
“喋血》,“1967。
12. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning,"
12。“我喜欢闻弥漫在清晨空气中的汽油弹。”
"Apocalypse Now," 1979.
“现代启示录”,1979。
13. "Love means never having to say you're sorry,"
13。“爱意味着永远不必说对不起。”
"Love Story," 1970.
“爱情故事”,1970。
14. "The stuff that dreams are made of,"
14。“东西之梦,”
"The Maltese Falcon," 1941.
“马耳他猎鹰”,1941。
15. "E.T. phone home,"
15。“打电话回家。”
"E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial," 1982.
”的《外星人》,“1982。
16. "They call me Mister Tibbs!",
16。“他们叫我狄博思先生!”
"In the Heat of the Night," 1967.
“在酷热的夜晚,”1967。
17. "Rosebud,"
17。“玫瑰花蕾”,
"Citizen Kane," 1941.
“公民凯恩”,1941。
18. "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!",
18。“我做到了,老妈!世界之巅!”
"White Heat," 1949.
“白热”,1949。
19. "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!",
19。“我抓狂了地狱,我不需要这个了!”
"Network," 1976.
“网络”,1976。
20. "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship,"
20。“路易斯,我想这是一段美好友谊的开始。”
"Casablanca," 1942.
“卡萨布兰卡”,1942。
青春歌舞
You must remember, young thespians, learning is never seasonal. So, do allow the shimmering lights of summer to refresh and illuminate - your fertile young minds.
The future greets you with its magic mirror, reflecting each golden moment, each emboldened choice. Summers have passed fleetingly since I was your age, but I remember each with poignant clarity. New Roman'; mso-hansi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"
你们必须记住,年轻的演员们,学习是不分季节的。它允许假期内闪烁之光振作并且启发。它使年轻的思想得到充实,神奇的未来之门在向你招手,回想每个珍贵的时刻,每个英勇的抉择。。。我像你这么大的时候,暑假早已飞快的过去了。但我依然清晰记得每一刻。。。
what was your favourite summer memory?你最美好的暑假回忆是什么?
I gotta make bank.我得去赚钱
we got off to a rough start, but you really came through.我们不打不相识,但是你真没有在意
We're not busy or anything. 我们没什么
Keep it coming, guys!加油,伙计们
The big zero.什么都没有
Talk to me. 跟我说
Here's the thing.有一件事
Straight A's, quintuple straight A's, 成绩优秀,所有功课都优秀
he's really working someone.他在谈正事
we're kicking off another hot summer here in Albuquerque. So, for those cool enough to have a convertible, crank up the sound, breathe that fresh air, and say hello to summer!
我们抛开又一个炎热的夏天,这里是阿尔布开克市,因此,在这里你会感到很舒适,呼吸新鲜空气,跟夏天问个好吧!
looking very sharp this summer.这个夏天你们看起来很精神
With discretion.很谨慎
"Whatever it takes." 无论什么条件
don't mention that backstabbing yogini to me!不要跟我提那个只顾修炼瑜伽的人
let's go for it.接受它吧
Confirming assignments.确认分配
The promised land.愿望实现
would you care for lemonade?你想要点柠檬水吗?
Henceforth, do clock in and out on time.从今以后请记住要按时上下班
How sick is that 真糟糕
We got a hoop out back 我们可以承受的
All for one, and one for all, All right? 都是一样的,不是吗?
Send the waiters right in. 让服务员都就位
college costs a fortune. 大学要花很多钱
Keep an eye on them tomorrow and keep me posted. 明天看着他们,并和我保持联系
Big timeout on that one. 那个已经过去了
I'm just here to make a cheque and sneak in the pool after work.我来这只是赚一些钱并在工作后偷偷游个泳
I've got the talent show sign-up sheet right here. Are you in?我刚刚拿到演出报名单,你参加吗?
Close, very close.对,很对
you've been working out?你还在健身吗?
Fair warning. 注意
Nice call.好建议
Line it up. 瞄准
Off we go. 留下我们
work up an appetite 引起食欲
board of directors 董事会
This shirt positively screams for a Windsor knot.今年肯定好事成双了
We pull a little weight over at the school. 我们给学校施加了一点压力
Well, it wasn't an official date type of thing. 这并不是一个重要的约会啊
Watch your step. Insurance issues. 注意脚下,安全起见
What the heck? 怎么回事
Again from the top. 再来一遍
Don't get a third. 不要再有第三次
I love that you've got the team working together, but you're not gonna be a Wildcat forever. The team is now, but everybody's got their own future. Well, when you graate, lots of people are gonna be chasing the same opportunities. There's nothing wrong with keeping your eye on the prize. In fact, if you don't, you get left behind.
我很高兴你和队友一起工作,但是你不可能一直都待在野猫队。队友也只是现在的,但是每个人都有他自己的将来。当你毕业后,很多人都会追逐同样的机会,盯着这些奖励并没有什么错。事实上,你不盯着,你会被落下的。
Same here. 我也是
What is she up to? 她准备干什么?
Young man, the future is full of uncharted waters年轻人,未来是个未知数
You got eyes, use them. 眼见为实,看看吧
Coming right up. 马上来
in the meantime 同时
Don't strain yourself, slick. 不要太过分了,小滑头
It's been wild 有点疯狂
Hard to keep track of it all, I bet. 我想说,很难了解这些
Get your head in the game! 全身心投入比赛
Let's run it back. 再来一场
You might want to think this one out.你必须考虑清楚
Have blonde hair and wear designer flip-flops. 有一头金发,穿着时髦时装
I don't really want to see my sister crash and burn. 我真的不想看到我姐姐在那里怒气冲天
26 Why don't you come up sometime and see me? She Done Him Wrong 1933
试译: 哪你那天过来看我吧! (侬本多情,1993)
27 I'm walking here! I'm walking here! Midnight Cowboy 1969
试译:我在这儿走着!我在这儿走着!(午夜牛郎,1969)
28,Play it,Sam. Play'As Time Goes By'.
弹这首,山姆,就弹“时光流逝”。(《卡萨布兰卡》1942)
29,You can't handle the truth!
你不能操纵事实!(《义海雄风》1992)
30,I want to be alone.
我想一个人呆着。(《大饭店》1932)
31,After all,tomorrow is another day!
毕竟,明天又是新的一天!(《乱世佳人》1939)
33,I'll have what she's having.
我会拥有她所拥有的。(《当哈里遇上萨莉》1989)
37,I'll be back.
我会回来的。(《终结者》1984)
38,Today,I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.
现在,我想我是这个世界上最幸运的人。(《扬基的骄傲》1942)
40,Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
妈妈说生活就像一盒巧克力,你永远都不知道你会得到什么。(《阿甘正传》1994)
43,We'll always have Paris.
我们永远都怀念巴黎(那段美好的时光)。(《卡萨布兰卡》1942)
46,Oh,Jerry,don't let's ask for the moon.We have the stars.
噢,杰瑞,不要再乞求能得到月亮了,我们已经拥有星星了。(《扬帆》1942)
48,Well,nobody's perfect.
人无完人。(《热情似火》1959)
51,You've got to ask yourself one question:″Do I feel lucky?″Well,do ya,punk?
你应该问你自己一个问题:“我是幸运的吗?”快点去做,年轻人,无知的年轻人。(《警探哈里》1971)
52,You had me at″hello.″
当你说“你好”的那一刻起就拥有我了。(《甜心先生》1996)
54,There's no crying in baseball!
在棒球运动中没有哭泣!(《红粉联盟》1992)
56,A boy's best friend is his mother.
一个男孩最好的朋友是他的母亲。(《惊魂记》1960)
57,Greed,for lack of a better word,is good.
没有比“贪婪”更好的词语了。(《华尔街》1987)
58,Keep your friends close,but your enemies closer.
亲近你的朋友,但更要亲近你的敌人。(《教父II》1974)
59,As God is my witness,I'll never be hungry again.
上帝为我作证,我不会再让自己挨饿了。(《乱世佳人》1939)
63,Mrs.Robinson,you're trying to seceme.Aren't you?
罗宾逊太太,你是在引诱我,对吗?(《毕业生》1967)
67,Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world,she walks into mine.
世界上有那么多的城镇,城镇中有那么多的酒馆,她却走进了我的(酒馆)。(《卡萨布兰卡》1942)
71,Wait a minute,wait a minute.You ain't heard nothin'yet!
等一会儿,等一会儿。你肯定听到了什么!(《爵士歌手》1927)
75,I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
我总是非常依赖陌生人的仁慈。(《欲望号街车》1951)
83,Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make.
快点来听!黑夜中孩子的声音是他们缔造的美妙音乐。(《吸血鬼》1931)
94,I feel the need-the need for speed!
我感到一种需要,一种加速的需要!(《壮志凌云》1986)
95,Carpe diem. Seize the day,boys. Make your lives extraordinary.
人生就应该是快乐的,要抓住每一天,孩子们。让你们的生活变得非凡起来。(《死亡诗社》1989)
100,I'm king of the world!
我是世界之王!(《泰坦尼克号》1997)
5. 求一百句以上外国电影经典台词
100句经典英文电影台词
1,Frankly,my dear,I don't give a damn.
坦白说,亲爱的,我一点也不在乎。(《乱世佳人》1939)
2,I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.
我会给他点好处,他无法拒绝。(《教父》1972)
3,You don't understand!Icoulda had class.I coulda been a contender.I could've been somebody,instead of a bum, which is what I am.
你根本不能明白!我本可以获得社会地位,我本可以是个竞争者,我本可以是任何有头有脸的人而不是一个毫无价值的游民! (《码头风云》1954)
4,Toto,I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
托托,我想我们再也回不去堪萨斯了。(《绿野仙踪》1939)
5,Here's looking at you,kid.
就看你的了,孩子。(《卡萨布兰卡》1942)
6,Go ahead,make my day.
来吧,让我也高兴高兴。(《拨云见日》1983)
7,All right,Mr.DeMille,I'm ready for my close-up.
好了,德米勒先生,我已经准备好拍摄我的特写镜头了。(《日落大道》1950)
8,May the Force be with you.
愿原力与你同在。(《星球大战》1977)
9,Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night.
系紧你的安全带,这将是一个颠簸的夜晚。(《彗星美人》1950)
10,You talking to me?
你是在和我说话吗?(《出租车司机》1976)
11、原文:“Would you be shocked if I changed into something more comfortable?”
出处:琼•哈罗(Jean Harlow),《地狱天使》Hell's Angels,1930
译文:“假如我换一身更舒服的衣服你会觉得震惊吗?”
12,I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
我喜欢闻弥漫在清晨空气中的汽油弹味道。(《现代启示录》1979)
13,Love means never having to say you're sorry.
爱就是永远不必说对不起。(《爱情故事》1970)
14、原文:“I could dance with you'til the cows come home. On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows until you came home.”
出处:格罗克•马克思(Groucho Marx),《容易事》Duck Soup,1933
译文:“我可以和你一起跳舞直到母牛回家。如果再想想,我宁愿和母牛一起跳舞直到你回家。”
15、原文:“You talking'to me?”
出处:罗伯特•德尼罗,《出租汽车司机》Taxi Driver,1976
译文:“你在跟我说话吗?”
16、原文:“Gif me a visky, ginger ale on the side, and don'be stingy, baby.”
出处:葛丽泰•嘉宝,《安娜•克里斯蒂》Anna Christie,1930
译文:“给我一杯威士忌,里面兑一些姜味汽水。宝贝儿,别太吝啬了。”
17、原文:“life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get.”
出处:汤姆•汉克斯,《阿甘正传》Forrest Gump,1994
译文:“生活就像一盒巧克力:你永远不知道你会得到什么。”
18,Made it,Ma!Top of the world!
好好去做吧,站在世界之巅!(《歼匪喋血战》1949)
19,I'm as mad as hell,and I'm not going to take this anymore!
我疯狂得如同地狱中的恶魔,我不会再这样继续下去了!(《电视台风云》1976)
20,Louis,I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
路易斯,我认为这是一段美好友谊的开始。(《卡萨布兰卡》1942)
21、原文:“It's not the men in your life that counts, it's the life in your men.”
出处:米•威斯特(Mae West),《我不是天使》I'm No Angel,1933
译文:“并不是你生活中的男人有价值,而是你与男人在一起的生活。”
22,Bond.James Bond.
邦德,詹姆士邦德。(《诺博士》1962)
23,There's no place like home.
没有一个地方可以和家相提并论。(《绿野仙踪》1939)
24,I am big!It's the pictures that got small.
我是巨大的!是这些照片让我变得渺小了。(《日落大道》1950)
25,Show me the money!
让我看到钱!(《甜心先生》1996)
28,Play it,Sam. Play'As Time Goes By'.
弹这首,山姆,就弹“时光流逝”。(《卡萨布兰卡》1942)
29,You can't handle the truth!
你不能操纵事实!(《义海雄风》1992)
30,I want to be alone.我想一个人呆着。(《大饭店》1932)
31,After all,tomorrow is another day!
毕竟,明天又是新的一天!(《乱世佳人》1939)
33,I'll have what she's having.我会拥有她所拥有的。(《当哈里遇上萨莉》1989)
37,I'll be back.
我会回来的。(《终结者》1984)
38,Today,I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.
现在,我想我是这个世界上最幸运的人。(《扬基的骄傲》1942)
40,Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
妈妈说生活就像一盒巧克力,你永远都不知道你会得到什么。(《阿甘正传》1994)
43,We'll always have Paris.我们永远都怀念巴黎(那段美好的时光)。(《卡萨布兰卡》1942)
46,Oh,Jerry,don't let's ask for the moon.We have the stars.
噢,杰瑞,不要再乞求能得到月亮了,我们已经拥有星星了。(《扬帆》1942)
48,Well,nobody's perfect.人无完人。(《热情似火》1959)
51,You've got to ask yourself one question:″Do I feel lucky?″Well,do ya,punk?
你应该问你自己一个问题:“我是幸运的吗?”快点去做,年轻人,无知的年轻人。(《警探哈里》1971)
52,You had me at″hello.″当你说“你好”的那一刻起就拥有我了。(《甜心先生》1996)
54,There's no crying in baseball!
在棒球运动中没有哭泣!(《红粉联盟》1992)
56,A boy's best friend is his mother.
一个男孩最好的朋友是他的母亲。(《惊魂记》1960)
57,Greed,for lack of a better word,is good.
没有比“贪婪”更好的词语了。(《华尔街》1987)
58,Keep your friends close,but your enemies closer.
亲近你的朋友,但更要亲近你的敌人。(《教父II》1974)
59,As God is my witness,I'll never be hungry again.
上帝为我作证,我不会再让自己挨饿了。(《乱世佳人》1939)
63,Mrs.Robinson,you're trying to seceme.Aren't you?
罗宾逊太太,你是在引诱我,对吗?(《毕业生》1967)
67,Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world,she walks into mine.
世界上有那么多的城镇,城镇中有那么多的酒馆,她却走进了我的(酒馆)。(《卡萨布兰卡》1942)
71,Wait a minute,wait a minute.You ain't heard nothin'yet!
等一会儿,等一会儿。你肯定听到了什么!(《爵士歌手》1927)
75,I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
我总是非常依赖陌生人的仁慈。(《欲望号街车》1951)
83,Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make.
快点来听!黑夜中孩子的声音是他们缔造的美妙音乐。(《吸血鬼》1931)
94,I feel the need-the need for speed!
我感到一种需要,一种加速的需要!(《壮志凌云》1986)
95,Carpe diem. Seize the day,boys. Make your lives extraordinary.
人生就应该是快乐的,要抓住每一天,孩子们。让你们的生活变得非凡起来。(《死亡诗社》1989)
100,I'm king of the world!我是世界之王!(《泰坦尼克号》1997)
6. 英语经典电影台词20句要翻译
一《Shawshank Redemption肖申克的救赎》
1.You know some birds are not meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright.
你知道,有些鸟儿是注定不会被关在牢笼里的,它们的每一片羽毛都闪耀着自由的光辉。
2.There is something inside ,that they can't get to , that they can't touch. That's yours.
那是一种内在的东西, 他们到达不了,也无法触及的,那是你的。
3.Hope is a good thing and maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.
希望是一个好东西,也许是最好的,好东西是不会消亡的。
二《Forrest Gump 阿甘正传》
1.Life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
生命就像一盒巧克力,结果往往出人意料。
2.Stupid is as stupid does.
蠢人做蠢事(傻人有傻福)。
3.Miracles happen every day.
奇迹每天都在发生。
4.Jenny and I was like peas and carrots.
我和珍妮形影不离。
5.Have you given any thought to your future?
你有没有为将来打算过呢。
6. You just stay away from me please.
求你离开我。
7. If you are ever in trouble, don't try to be brave, just run, just run away.
你若遇上麻烦,不要逞强,你就跑,远远跑开。
8. It made me look like a ck in water.
它让我如鱼得水。
9. Death is just a part of life, something we're all destined to do.
死亡是生命的一部分,是我们注定要做的一件事。
10. I was messed up for a long time.
这些年我一塌糊涂。
11. I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidentally―like on a breeze.
我不懂我们是否有着各自的命运,还是只是到处随风飘荡。
三《The Lion King狮子王》
1. Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance.
世界上所有的生命都在微妙的平衡中生存。
2. I laugh in the face of danger.
越危险就越合我心意。
3. I'm only brave when I have to be. Being brave doesn't mean you go looking for trouble.
我只是在必要的时候才会勇敢,勇敢并不代表你要到处闯祸。
4. When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world.
如果这个世界对你不理不睬,你也可以这样对待它。
5. It's like you are back from the dead.
好像你是死而复生似的。
6. You can't change the past.
过去的事是不可以改变的。
7. Yes, the past can hurt. But I think you can either run from it or learn from it. 对,过去是痛楚的,但我认为你要么可以逃避,要么可以向它学习。
8. This is my kingdom. If I don't fight for it, who will?
这是我的国土,我不为她而战斗,谁为呢?
9. Why should I believe you? Everything you ever told me was a lie.
我为何要相信你?你所说的一切都是谎话。
10. I'll make it up to you, I promise.
我会补偿你的,我保证。
四《Gone with The Wind 乱世佳人》
1.Land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for. Because it's the only thing that lasts.
土地是世界上唯一值得你去为之工作, 为之战斗, 为之牺牲的东西,因为它是唯一永恒的东西。
2.I wish I could be more like you.
我要像你一样就好了。
3.Whatever comes, I'll love you, just as I do now. Until I die.
无论发生什么事,我都会像现在一样爱你,直到永远
4.I think it's hard winning a war with words.我认为纸上谈兵没什么作用。
5. Sir, you're no gentleman. And you miss are no lady.
先生,你可真不是个君子,小姐,你也不是什么淑女。
6.I never give anything without expecting something in return. I always get paid.
我做任何事不过是为了有所回报,我总要得到报酬。
7.In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you.
哪怕是世界末日我都会爱着你。
8.I love you more than I've ever loved any woman. And I've waited longer for you than I've waited for any woman.
此句只可意会不可言传。。。。。
9.If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill, as God as my witness, I'll never be hungry again!
即使让我撒谎,去偷,去骗,去杀人,上帝作证,我再也不要挨饿了。
10.Now I find myself in a world which for me is worse than death. A world in which there is no place for me.
现在我发现自己活在一个比死还要痛苦的世界,一个无我容身之处的世界。
11.You're throwing away happiness with both hands. And reaching out for something that will never make you happy.
你把自己的幸福拱手相让,去追求一些根本不会让你幸福的东西。
12.Home. I'll go home. And I'll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day.
家,我要回家.我要想办法让他回来.不管怎样,明天又是全新的一天。
五《TITANIC泰坦尼克号》
1.Outwardly, I was everything a well-brought up girl should be. Inside, I was screaming.
外表看,我是个教养良好的小姐,骨子里,我很反叛.
2.We're the luckiest sons-of-bitches in the world.
我们是真他妈的走运极了.(地道的美国国骂)
3.There is nothing I couldn't give you, there is nothing I would deny you, if you would not deny me. Open you're heart to me.
如果你不违背我,你要什么我就能给你什么,你要什么都可以.把你的心交给我吧.
4.What the purpose of university is to find a suitable husband.
读大学的目的是找一个好丈夫.
5.Remember, they love money, so just pretend like you own a goldmine and you're in the club.
只要你装得很有钱的样子他们就会跟你套近乎。
6.All life is a game of luck.
生活本来就全靠运气。
7.I love waking up in the morning and not knowing what's going to happen, or who I'm going to meet, where I'm going to wind up.
我喜欢早上起来时一切都是未知的,不知会遇见什么人,会有什么样的结局。
8.I figure life is a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You never know what hand you're going to get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you.我觉得生命是一份礼物,我不想浪费它,你不会知道下一手牌会是什么,要学会接受生活。
9.To make each day count.
要让每一天都有所值。
10.We're women. Our choices are never easy.
我们是女人,我们的选择从来就不易。
11.You jump, I jump.
(another touching sentence)
12.Will you give us a chance to live?
能不能给我们留一条生路?
13.God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death. Neither shall there be sorrow or dying, neither shall there be any more pain, for the former world has passed away.
上帝擦去他们所有的眼泪.死亡不再有,也不再有悲伤和生死离别,不再有痛苦,因往事已矣.
六《Sleepless in Seattle西雅图不眠夜》
1.Work hard! Work will save you. Work is the only thing that will see you through this.
努力工作吧!工作能拯救你.埋头苦干可令你忘记痛楚.
2.You make millions of decisions that mean nothing and then one day your order takes out and it changes your life.
你每天都在做很多看起来毫无意义的决定,但某天你的某个决定就能改变你的一生.
3.Destiny takes a hand.命中注定.
4.You know, you can tell a lot from a person's voice.
从一个人的声音可以知道他是怎样的人.
5.People who truly loved once are far more likely to love again.
真爱过的人很难再恋爱.
6.You know it's easier to get killed by a terrorist than get married over the age of 40.
你知道,女人过了40想出嫁就难了,被恐怖分子杀死都比这容易.
7.You are the most attractive man I ever laid ears.
你是我听过的最帅的男士.
8.Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't love you?
为什么留恋一个不爱你的人?
9.When you're attracted to someone it just means that your subconscious is attracted to their subconscious, subconsciously. So what we think of as fate, is just two neuroses knowing they're a perfect match.
当你被某个人吸引时,那只是意味着你俩在潜意识里相互吸引.因此,所谓命运,就只不过是两个疯子认为他们自己是天造一对,地设一双.
10.Everybody panics before they get married.每个人婚前都会紧张的.
11.Your destiny can be your doom.命运也许会成为厄运.
12.The reason I know this and you don't is because I'm younger and pure. So I'm more in touch with cosmic forces.
之所以我知道而你不知道是因为我年幼纯洁,所以我比较能接触宇宙的力量.
13.I don't want to be someone that you're settling for. I don't want to be someone that anyone settles for.
我不想要你将就,我也不想成为将就的对象.
14.What if something had happened to you? What if I couldn't get to you? What would I have done without you? You're my family. You're all I've got.
要是你出了事怎么办?要是我找不到你怎么办?如果没有你我该怎么办?你是我的家人,你是我的一切.
七《GARFIELD加菲猫》
1. Money is not everything. There's MasterCard.
钞票不是万能的, 有时还需要信用卡。
2. One should love animals. They are so tasty.
每个人都应该热爱动物, 因为它们很好吃。
3. Save water. Shower with your girlfriend.
要节约用水, 尽量和女友一起洗澡。
4. Love the neighbor. But don't get caught.
要用心去爱你的邻居, 不过不要让她的老公知道。
5. Behind every successful man, there is a woman. And behind every unsuccessful man, there are two.
每个成功男人的背后, 都有一个女人. 每个不成功男人的背后, 都有两个。
6. Every man should marry. After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.再快乐的单身汉迟早也会结婚, 幸福不是永久的嘛。
7. The wise never marry, and when they marry they become otherwise.
聪明人都是未婚? 结婚的人很难再聪明起来。
8. Success is a relative term. It brings so many relatives.
成功是一个相关名词, 他会给你带来很多不相关的亲戚 。
9. Love is photogenic. It needs darkness to develop.
爱情就象照片, 需要大量的暗房时间来培养。
10. Children in backseats cause accidents. Accidents in backseats cause children.
后排座位上的小孩会生出意外, 后排座位上的意外会生出小孩。
11. Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep.
现在的梦想决定着你的将来, 所以还是再睡一会吧
12. There should be a better way to start a day than waking up every morning.
应该有更好的方式开始新一天, 而不是千篇一律的在每个上午都醒来。
13. Hard work never killed anybody. But why take the risk?
努力工作不会导致死亡! 不过我不会用自己去证明。
14. Work fascinates me. I can look at it for hours!
工作好有意思耶! 尤其是看着别人工作。
15. God made relatives; Thank God we can choose our friends.
神决定了谁是你的亲戚, 幸运的是在选择朋友方面他给了你留了余地。
FROM:http://www.douban.com/group/topic/3070281/
7. 英语电影经典语录大全
英语电影经典语录大全
导语:有时候我们看电影不仅仅是一种享受,其实我们看英语电影,可以学习英语口语,摘录经典台词,学习英语语法等等。下面是由励志网的我为大家整理的一些英语电影经典语录,与供大家的需要,希望各位读者阅读愉快!
1.While our dream is confronted with the reality, you always feel painful. Just trample on the pain, or you'll be beat down by it.
《和平年代》里的话:当幻想和现实面对时,总是很痛苦的。要么你被痛苦击倒,要么你把痛苦踩在脚下。A true love is what
2.doesn't strive for busyness, for extravagance, for luxury, and moreover for hokum.
真正的爱情是不讲究热闹不讲究排场不讲究繁华更不讲究嚎头的《一天》----In fact, if I close my eyes,I can still see you there just
3.standing in the dawn light.
只要我闭上眼睛,就仿佛还能看到你站在那里,沐浴着黎明的曙光。
4.《教父》----I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.
我准备向他提出一个他不可能拒绝的条件。
5.《爱情故事》
Love means never having to say you're sorry真正的爱情是不需要说对不起的。
6.《黑天鹅》
Perfection is not just about control. It's also about letting go. I felt perfect. I was perfect.完美不是控制出来的,是爆发出来的。 我感觉到完美。我就是完美。
7.《阿甘正传》
life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get.生命就像一盒巧克力, 结果往往出人意料。
8.《死亡诗社》
You don't have to perform. Just make it for yourself.希望你们也找到自己的路,找到自己的步伐、步调,任何方向,任何东西都行,不管是自负也好,愚蠢也好,什么都行。
9.《冰与火之歌》
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.
你玩权利的游戏,结局要么赢、要么死。没有其他选择。
10.Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.“坦白地说,亲爱的,我不在乎。”—— 乱世佳人(Gone with the Wind, 1939)影片结尾,瑞特决意离开,斯嘉丽苦苦哀求:“你要是走了,我该去哪里?我该怎么办?”瑞特冷冷地扔下这句话扬长而去。
11.I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.“我会开出一个他无法拒绝的条件。”—— 教父(The Godfather, 1972)影片开头,庄尼到教父家中求助,希望帮他成为一部电影的主演。教父非常自信地用这句话安慰庄尼,叫他放心。影片后期迈克尔接管家族事务后,在处理拉斯维加斯赌场事务时也引用了父亲的这句话,表明他已成长为新一代教父。
12.You don’t understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could’ve been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.
13.你不明白!我本可以进入上流社会。我本可以成为一个上进的人。我本可以当个有脸面的人物,而不是像现在这样当个小混混—— 码头风云(On the Waterfront, 1954)哥哥劝说泰瑞向工会头目屈服,泰瑞愤怒地指责哥哥当初命令他在拳击比赛中放水,使他成为一个一事无成的小混混。
14.Toto, I’ve got a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.
“托托,我感觉我们已经不在堪萨斯了。”—— 绿野仙踪(The Wizard of OZ, 1939)多萝西初到OZ国的第一句话。影片中在堪萨斯的画面都是黑白的,到OZ国之后转为彩色。
15.Go ahead, make my day.“继续啊,让我高兴高兴。”—— 拨云见日(Sudden Impact, 1983)卡拉汉警官面对餐厅里劫持人质的歹徒,冷冰冰地说了这么一句话。结果歹徒慑于他的气势,乖乖的放下了手中的枪。
16.All right, Mr. DeMille, I’m ready for my close-up.“好了,德米尔先生,我已经准备好拍特写了。”—— 日落大道(Sunset Blvd., 1950)影片结尾,精神完全失常的诺玛枪杀年轻的情人之后,面对蜂拥而至的警察和记者,她以为自己又开始拍电影了。
17.Hate got me into prison, love is gonna break me out.仇恨使我进了监狱,爱将使我重获自由。——《飓风》(丹左华盛顿扮演的飓风拳王一生被囚禁在监狱中,但清白的他永远不会放弃希望)
18.Get busy living or get busy dieing.
要么忙于活着,要么忙于死去。----《肖申克的救赎》(总之,人生不能就是这么忙碌地活着。)
19.
——You want answers? 你要知道答案吗?
----I want the truth! 我要知道真相!
----You can’t handle the truth. 你承受不了真相。----《好人无几》(杰克尼克森的这句台词非常有力,它证明真理总是 *** 裸的,而 *** 裸总是难以接受的。)
20.We are not here because we are free .we are here because we are not free.我们在这里不是因为我们自由,我们在这里是因为我们不自由。
——《黑客帝国》(注意其翻译。黑客电影里很多台词都可以使人想一下人生的道理。)
21.Death *** iles at us all. All a man can do is *** iles back .
死神在向我们每个人微笑,我们所能做的只有回敬微笑。---《角斗士》(有点“我自横刀向天笑”的意思)
个性英文台词精选 经典英文句子带翻译 经典英文句子大全 英文句子唯美简短合集 英文电影台词摘抄:富含哲理 著名英文电影台词精选 适合英语配音的经典电影台词 励志英语电影台词 英语电影经典语录大全 英文电影里的经典台词精选
8. 跪求 在一部英语电影里找10句金典的台词、外加翻译
生存还是毁灭?这是个问题。
究竟哪样更高贵,去忍受那狂暴的命运无情的摧残 还是挺身去反抗那无边的烦恼,把它扫一个干净。
去死,去睡就结束了,如果睡眠能结束我们心灵的创伤和肉体所承受的千百种痛苦,那真是生存求之不得的天大的好事。去死,去睡,
去睡,也许会做梦!
唉,这就麻烦了,即使摆脱了这尘世 可在这死的睡眠里又会做些什么梦呢?真得想一想,就这点顾虑使人受着终身的折磨,
谁甘心忍受那鞭打和嘲弄,受人压迫,受尽侮蔑和轻视,忍受那失恋的痛苦,法庭的拖延,衙门的横征暴敛,默默无闻的劳碌却只换来多少凌辱。但他自己只要用把尖刀就能解脱了。
谁也不甘心,呻吟、流汗拖着这残生,可是对死后又感觉到恐惧,又从来没有任何人从死亡的国土里回来,因此动摇了,宁愿忍受着目前的苦难 而不愿投奔向另一种苦难。
顾虑就使我们都变成了懦夫,使得那果断的本色蒙上了一层思虑的惨白的容颜,本来可以做出伟大的事业,由于思虑就化为乌有了,丧失了行动的能力。
Hamlet:To be, or not to be- that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them. To die- to sleep-
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die- to sleep.
To sleep- perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub!
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despis'd love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th' unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? Who would these fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death-
The undiscover'd country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns- puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action.